Sunday 27 March 2011

Datum: Week 4 - Developed Sketchup Model Submission

Additional Textures

In addition to my final developed model. I have decided to add another 2 more textures to my model. In total I have used 4 textures in my final developed model.



Word: Limp
This texture is located at the in-between level of my  model. It is used at the front. I thought that this was a good contrast with my other texture that I used for the in-between level, 'organic' that is show on the windows, providing a nice transparent window pattern.



Word: Opaque
This texture is located at the below ground of my model. In association with this new texture it provides a juxtaposition of my other texture that I used for the below ground, 'eroding'. The texture Opaque, i thought was appropriate for this floor as the Mueck below studio description word was 'child'. This textured pattern provides a good idea of a child's playful mind with association of the eroding texture. Both textures contrast in the design that they harmonize each other, that represents well with the idea of the word 'child'.

Final Sketchup Model - "Connecta Gallery"
My model was used with the concept words of Connect (above level) and Child (below level). I tried to create my model so that it not only physically represent to words but also through a symbolic way. For example from the images and videos below, i have demonstrated the word Connect through several aspects. The first would be with the ascending stair, the use of the triangle stairs are connected, geometrically and is shaped as a square/ rectangle shape at a certain perspective. Next as we go into the upper level into the studio area of Malangi I decided to connect an indoor studio with an outdoor studio. I thought that this may be appropriate as he is an aboriginal artist and the outdoor space provides a connection with nature. In association with the lower level of Mueck studio, the use of the spiral stairs provide a playful childlike characteristic of a play equipment and also the use of textures that I have selected as viewed above presents a childlike creativity. All together my model is a connection of all the pieces that associates with my concept words.


I used the x-ray function to show what the interior of my model looks like from the outside.

This section cut demonstrates all three levels of my model, the below studio, the gallery and the above studio/outdoor studio.

This picture focuses on the outdoor above studio of Malangi.. From the use of shadows at the upper level, the roofing creates an interesting constant change of shadows due to the movement of the sun. Also as you can see there is a little boy on the ground looking up towards the above ground studio. The glass floor provides a transparent view to the top and vise versa, to provides a sense of connection between the two levels.

This is the outside of my model. You can see that there is two different textures displayed. One of the textures, 'Organic' is used on the windows and the other texture 'opaque' is used on the lettering of the entrance.

This is the gallery space looking at the ground. Certain parts of the ground is made of glass so that you can see the below studio area of Meuck. It also acts as a skylight to allow natural light into the below ground studio.

This is the outdoor above studio of Malangi. Again there is a glass flooring allowing visibility to the lower level.

This is the below studio of Mueck.


The artist artwork
These were the artist works that i initial chose to construct my final model. The selected words from the images where connect and child.
Malangi: Spirit, Connect, Clever
Meuck: Child, Reveal, Isolated

2D Sections used for Final Model
These are the initial sketches that I drew during weeks 1-3 that were turned into my final developed sketchup model. These include the initial section cut of the model, stairs and the textures. The rest of my models, stairs and textures are located in my other blogs located at an earlier date.

The words that I used was 'Connect - Malangi' for above ground, and 'Child - Meuck' for the below ground. The rest of my 18 section drawings are located: "Datum: Week 1 - Inclass studio work: Sections"


This is my section drawings of my stairs. My other set of stairs that I experimented on for my draft sketchup model is located: "Datum: Week 2 -Stairs"

These were the textures that I used for my final developed model, they are reticulation (above), Organic (in 
between), Limp (In between), Eroding (below) Opaque (below).
Material use
Above ground studio: concrete walls, glass windows, timber shelter (outdoor studio roof)
Gallery space : concrete walls, tinted designed windows, timber stairs
Below ground studio: concrete walls, stairs - thin aluminum wiring, red wood panels, aluminum pole
 The rest of the 36 textures are located at my other blog: "Datum: Week 3 - Material" 

Animation of Developed Model



This is my first video of 3.
It shows an orbiting view of the exterior of the building as well as the outdoor studio. I have added in a shadow to demonstrate the use of the roofing for the outdoor studio as well as the use of the transparent windows. The textured windows of "organic" provides a good view of the gallery space allowing you to see the connection of the stairs especially the stair case connection of the gallery to the above ground studio.
The URL link for this video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSymk2bRQ9Q
My video can be viewed from the youtube using the tags: ARCH1101, EXP1, 2011, FRANK MING CHIN under the title: Exp 1 Week 4 Final design (2) movie 1.avi





This demonstrates the underground section of my model, taking particular views of the spiral stairs. Within the space, you can see the size of the studio as well as the artist work Mueck - 'Boy'.
The URL link for this video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_PKxl4Cs8Y
My video can be viewed from the youtube using the tags: ARCH1101, EXP1, 2011, FRANK MING CHIN under the title: Exp 1 Week 4 Final design (2) movie 2.avi



This video demonstrates the gallery space and the internal area of the upper studio of Malangi. It focuses on the triangular stair cases and also emphasizes the connection from the gallery space to the studio. It also shows the small stair cases at the gallery space entrance.
The URL link for this video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAIVMZFDRqE
My video can be viewed from the youtube using the tags: ARCH1101, EXP1, 2011, FRANK MING CHIN under the title: Exp 1 Week 4 Final design (2) movie 3.avi

My model can be viewed from the google warehouse using the tags: ARCH1101, EXP1, 2011, FRANK MING CHIN under the title of Datum gallery.
URL link: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=23568ecc251271d2427df286add17d4c&prevstart=0

Reference:
The Trees: http://amilagroso.blogspot.com/ by amilagroso
The Vases: http://www.sketchup.com by google.

No comments:

Post a Comment